The work never ends, but college does…”
-TOM PETTY (source)
Admittedly, there may be better sources to find where Tom Petty exactly said it. But I feel there are a lot of people who struggle with the idea of what to do when college ends. All of a sudden we have no money, debt, and want to be adults, but more than likely feel that the cheapest option is Mom and Dad’s house. While we try to find our footing it is very easy to lose track of the idea that there is a Life After College which is what I wanted to call this blog, until a google search told me I wasn’t as unique as I thought I was. Therefore I realized how important it was to keep looking to the future. Stuff happens. And if you’re not careful life will pass you by. Even when you get that first job out of college, the days go fast. The nights end up being short, and weekends seem nonexistent. With that in mind, if I’m not careful, my 20s will pass me by. So here’s hoping I can accomplish 30 things by the age of 30!
1. Start a blog. (I always have to start a list with something I’ve already done!)
2. Drive a motorcycle.
3. Have a garden.
4. Attend a high school reunion.
5. Go to a wine tasting. (11-17-12)
6. Sing karaoke alone.
7. Reconnect with an old friend. (I could write a blog post about this, but haven’t yet).
8. Make a timecapsule.
9. Read and Watch Gone with the Wind. (completed: 4-23-13) ((I am not a fan of Scarlett O’Hara, but love me some Rhett Butler!))
10. Go skydiving.
11. Start a fire without matches.
12. Buy myself a nice piece of jewelry.
13. Run a marathon. (Ran Grandma’s Marathon 2013: Recap here)
14. Stay out of debt.
15. Try a Triathlon. (Tri for a Cause 2014, recap)
16. Make a blog friend and meet IRL (in real life). (Completed at Healthy Living Summit 2013)
17. Bake a cake from scratch.
18. Visit another country without a parent. (Ticket is booked for July 2015!)
19. Get my conceal and carry license and/or learn to shoot a handgun.
20. Go out to dinner alone, without a book/cellphone/other distraction device. (I think I’ve done this, but no blog post about it).
21. Go to a blogging conference. (9-22-12)
22. Spend a weekend in Boston.
23. Go on a cruise.
24. Run a Disney race. (2-22-15)
25. Make all the recipes in a cookbook.
26. Attend a college reunion.
27. Have a job I am truly proud of.
28. Buy a house.
29. Get married.
30. Run 30 Races. (See my Race Page)
I have 6 years and 6 days to accomplish these 30 things. Here’s hoping I can do it!