I got some sad news this week. I was NOT selected to run the Twin Cities 10 Miler.
I was however selected as a recipient of the Liebster Award from Sinful Nutrition!
I tried to search for the origin of the Liebster Award, but my 30 second google search didn’t show me anything. Basically, its an award that celebrates and highlights blogs that have less than 200 followers. (although it doesn’t clarify what qualifies as a follower.) Anyways….below are the 11 questions that I was asked, you may learn something new about me!
1. What’s the story behind your blog title?
I wanted to call my blog “Katie Moving Forward” but a few friends thought it sounded negative. So I said Looking, and they agreed it was perfect!
2. Do you choose food for health, taste, or a little bit of both?
Taste! And sometimes health, but mainly taste.
3. Coffee, tea, or neither?
Both! I have a cup of coffee every morning, and drink hot tea in the winter at night, and iced tea (unsweetened) in the summer!
4. What’s one thing you can’t live without?
My teddy bear. I’ve had him since I was a baby and he’s wonderful.
5. Sweet or Salty?
6. What motivates you to stay active?
Looking good! It might be shallow, but when I’m happy with the way my body looks (Strong not skinny) I have more confidence, make better choices, and have a lot of fun!!
7. What’s your favorite inspirational quote?
“One Step at a Time” is something I started saying the week before Grandma’s Marathon weekend, and it really applies to everything in life.
8. Who’s your biggest role model?
I really admire my friend Nedra, she babysat me back in the day, but now we hang out and have fun girls weekends with our other friends!
9. What’s one thing you are grateful for?
My Brother John, I don’t talk about him on the blog much, but he is the coolest.
10. What has been the coolest place you’ve traveled to?
I’ve been blessed with a lot of family vacations. My favorite place to go is Mazatlan Mexico. (which is where the header picture was taken!)
11. What has been the highlight of your year so far?
Finishing Grandma’s Marathon. It was a long rough road, but I finished it in 5 hours, 58 minutes, and 17 seconds.
And now I will nominate 11 people and ask them the below questions, hopefully they accept and send me the links to their responses!
More than Just Dessert (one of my HLS13 roomies),
Apartment Wife (a new blog who found me, so I followed her)
The Twenty Something Table (one of them I went to college with!)
Finding a Balance (Hyedi has given me great running advice this spring)
Running Bun (As a former dance team member, I appreciate a good bun)
Daily Cup of Kate (a wellness director, which I would love to be one day!)
Running for Cupcakes (living in Mankato, near where I went to college).
Olives and Wine (Anyone who likes wine is good in my book!)
Greens & Chocolate (delish food that seem easy enough to actually make!)
Fit Foodie Finds (Lee recently went to part time work, full time blogger!)
Not So Perfect Life (hoping to do a half marathon in each of the 50 states!)
1. What was the first blog you read?
2. Where do you go to get your favorite lunch?
3. How long have you been blogging?
4. What is your favorite beverage?
5. When did you last workout?
6. Where is your favorite place to relax?
7. When do you usually write blog posts?
8. What time do you usually go to bed?
9. Do you set New Years Resolutions? If so, what was 2013’s?
10. Planning or Spontaneity?
11. What is your favorite song right now?