This weekend I had the pleasure of attending my second MN Blogger Conference. I attended last year, and you can see my recap here. Below are the sessions I attended this year!
- Opening Panel “How I got started Blogging”
- Blogging Your Passion – my favorite session of the day. I happen to follow 2 of the 3 presenters, and will be adding the third.
- How To Grow Your Blog via Community.
- The Non-Designers Guide to WordPress
- The Future of Blogging.
I was able to receive this free mug by asking a question during “How to Grow Your Blog via Community” I was wondering “What kind of rules we should follow in terms of social media?”.
This year we were at Concordia University in St. Paul, it was a great site with free parking! We were also given breakfast and lunch. It seems like this year was a little more “bare bones” compared to last year. But for a free event I cannot complain!
Since I wasn’t a rookie this year I was able to reconnect with a few people, as well as make a few new friends!
Here are my top 3 favorited tweets from the MN Bloggers Conference!
- Social Media shouldn’t make you sad.
- Less is always better. Simplicity is never a bad choice.
- You have to define success on your own terms, not someone else’s.
The MN Bloggers Conference is a diverse group, whereas the Healthy Living Summit was 200 women that seemed very similar to me. I will continue attending the MN Blog Con in future if only because it gives me exposure to people I wouldn’t otherwise meet.
Do you prefer to network with people exactly like you? Or do you want to meet people who are different?