It’s that time of year again! On Saturday I’ll be attending the 2014 Minnesota Bloggers Conference (#mnblogcon) for the third time, you can see my 2012 and 2013 recaps by clicking on the years. And have a nice look at how many blogging has changed!
I have a few bullet points for things to do while at the conference, however before you get there you may want to consider what you wear. There’s a large mix of people: mommy bloggers, professional marketers, and everyone in between. I like to wear something business casual but comfortable. I think I’ll be wearing some kind of boots, dress, and sweater. But once you’re there here’s what I recommend you do!
- Turn your phone off, save the battery.
- Have a notebook for writing quick notes.
- Use your laptop or tablet to follow the twitter feed.
- Ask questions via twitter, someone in the audience may know the answer and tweet back at you.
- Share what has worked for you! Don’t be afraid to speak, even if you aren’t the presenter, just make sure to be respectful!
- Smile! You just might make a new friend.
I have found that most of the people attending Minnesota Bloggers Conference know each other from other events/organizations. As someone who doesn’t live in the Metro some conversations aren’t as applicable to me, however I have learned something each year and feel that is very worth my while to make the trip.
Do you enjoy conferences? Have any other tips for conference attending success?