If you’d like to give back to your Community, you still have time to win my $100 Visa Giftcard Giveaway.
Oh Friends, cold and flu season is here! I’m on day 8 of what should be my last cold of 2014. Today I’m sharing 5 things that help ease the pain.
1. Tylenol PM. God Bless this medication. I didn’t take it last night hoping I was getting better and saw my clock read 1:38, 3:38, 4:38, before getting up at 4:58 to teach Yoga Sculpt. Tonight I will be taking the Tylenol PM again.
- Peppermint Oil. I cover myself in this magic oil. Back, chest, nose, feet, I don’t take chances. But I do wash my hands after applying. You do not want to get this in your eye, and be careful around your nose…..it can get intense.
3. Halls Cough Drops: Cherry. Always the cherry ones, they don’t taste good, but they do the trick. I had one in my mouth the entire hour of yoga sculpt. I was determine to teach class and not cancel.
- Sweat, Appropriately. I didn’t cancel my yoga classes because I don’t have a sub available for my 5:30 am classes. But I did skip a pool workout, spin class, and running. I have felt better at the end of every class than I did before I began. But if you want to be extra careful, do some light stretching at home. Even that will make you feel a bit better.
5. Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate! Water in the morning, my normal coffee, Emergen-C at work, more water, sparkling water, Emergen-C before coaching, sparkling water and orange juice with dinner, more water, Candy Cane Lane Tea from Trader Joe’s in bed. And bedtime should be 8:30 ish. I might not have fallen asleep until 10, but that resting time was important.