The Twin Cities Marathon and 10 Mile are not a trail race, so this picture might not be the perfect fit, but I’ve had this photo saved for a long time for the perfect Chance Chat to use it with.
I am once again running a race without properly training for it. Someday I will learn my damn lesson. Today is not that day. Its not going to be a pretty 10 miles. But I’ll make it. Hopefully. Here’s 10 things I plan on thinking about to keep my mind occupied during the race.
- I love my friends.
- I love my family.
- I love my future….whatever it is.
- I love my freedom.
- I love to have fun….wherever it is.
- I love to breathe the fresh air, especially after a long day in an office.
- I love making new friends on the course.
- I love see others push through the hard parts of the course.
- I love celebrating after the race, preferably with a beverage, and carbs.
- I love the emotions when crossing a finish line. I never know what they are going to be. Sometimes I am exhausted, or emotional, or euphoric. Whatever it will be….I’ll have to wait and see!
If you haven’t heard…there’s been talk that Black Lives Matter will be attending the race and protesting in some capacity. I hope everyone can race and spectate safely!