Music is a huge part of my soul. Not necessarily my identity, I haven’t been a part of any music group since college (handbell choir to be exact). But I turn to music to fit either how I am feeling, or how I want to feel. These are the songs that I’m currently enjoying, and somewhat pertain to my single/dating status.
Also included in my current playlist but not listed here is the La La Land soundtrack.
- Me, Myself & I – G-Eazy & Bebe Rexha “Solo ride until I die, cause I got me for life”
- Good as Hell – Lizzo “Ooo child tired of the bullshit”
- White Flag – Joseph “I’d rather be dead than live a lie”
- Sit Still, Look Pretty – Daya “I don’t wanna sit still look pretty”
- Confident – Demi Lovato “I want my choice, and I run this show”
- Moving on Never Felt So Good – Nashville “I hear a joyful noise down in my soul”
- Me Too – Meghan Trainor “I thank god every day that I woke up feeling this way”
- Guys My Age – Hey Violet : “Guys my age don’t know how to treat me”
- Blood in the Cut – K. Flay “The guy I love has a girl right now”
- Bad Things – Machine Gun Kelly “What can I say its complicated”
- Here (2:00 AM Version) – Alessia Cara “Please enjoy your party, I’ll be here”
I don’t stick to one particular genre, although if you see a theme other than “top 40” please let me know.
Do you feel a connection to music? Or is it just part of the background noise?